Friday, April 23, 2010

Running Errands


Ruth, Laura, & I crossing over the Golden Gate Bridge on our way back to the city.

One great thing, I have found with working at home is that I can take a few hours in the middle of the day to go for a bike ride or run. I met Ruth and Laura for a ride up the Headlands in Marin one afternoon last week. My mantra has always been that I need exercise--for my mental and physical health! I also argue, that for my co-workers, me exercising is really befitting them--I am much more productive and pleasant when I do! I got back from my ride to discover a 4-block radius around my apartment had been closed off & evacuated due to a gas line break (construction on the street in front of my apartment), so I went & grabbed a coffee. By the time I got back, I was able to get back inside. I sat at my desk & just worked away the rest of the afternoon, practically without even glancing at the clock!

No comments: