Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Ride

A riding buddy organizes a Valentine's Century every year on the weekend before/around Vday. This year, I knew I couldn't (or shouldn't!) do the entire 100 miles. I opted for 80 and and turned back a little sooner. To start, we rode to Mill Valley, up Highway 1 through Muir Woods and Stinson Beach, to Olema, and on to Point Reyes Station. Our usual stop, Bovine Bakery, is undergoing renovations, so we picked up refreshments across the street at a market instead. RQ and I separated from the rest and headed back through Nicasio, Fairfax and back to the city. When I got home, I was wiped out! I put my feet up, iced my knee, and felt accomplished. And then, I ate chocolate & drank a beer. Hey, it's Valentine's day!



Heading down Highway 1

Highway 1

No comments: