Sunday, June 13, 2010

AC CPT, at your service!


Yes! I passed my Certified Personal Training test! Whew, such a relief. I am so happy to have it behind me. I had to memorize the body-assessment table in order to pass! This table helps assess muscle imbalances, weakness (underactive) and tightness (overactive) when doing basic assessment testing. I can tell you that if your feet turn out during an overhead-squat assessment, you may have overactive soleus, bicept femoris or TFL; and underactive medial hamstring and/or glute maximus (among others). TMI!?

So, now the fun begins. I got a job as a trainer at a gym downtown. This week I began training, and as with any new job, my head is swimming with new information, procedures, co-workers' names. I am going to work 2 jobs for a while to see how it goes. As time goes on, I will be more in control of my schedule at the gym. Right now it is just a little intense!

In the photo above, you'll see Ruth, Laura, and me at what looks like a "beach." Well, kind of. We rented a cabin in Truckee over Memorial Day weekend and behind us in the photo is Lake Tahoe. It was so great to get away for the weekend. The weather was amazing. We took a few rides--around Donner Lake and part way around Lake Tahoe. The elevation (I think it's 7000') made everything a little more difficult. Hill-climbing was incredibly hard on my lungs! I can see why people train at elevation--they come down to a city like SF and they can just fly!

No comments: