Saturday, June 19, 2010

I hit a tourist...

with my bike!

I was crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. She was walking toward me and totally not paying attention, and doing these spinny things in the middle of the sidewalk. She should know how to walk in a straight line--she was about 45--it wasn't like she was 13! I then ran into the railing, but stayed on my bike. By the way, I was on the correct (right) side. On weekdays before 3pm, all walkers and bikers use the east side of the Bridge (weekends and after 3pm weekdays, bikers use the west side, walkers use the east side). The tourists were especially bad today, completely in their own world and all over the walkway. This was the first ride I have been on in long time where I was more irritated when I got back then when I left! :) Usually it's the opposite. I bought a whistle especially for this reason, but I forgot it....

Oh dear!

1 comment:

cassie haw said...

this made me laugh so much! tourists. she'll probably stop doing spinny things while walking from now on.