Saturday, August 28, 2010

Early August in CO

Earlier this month, I headed to Colorado for friends' wedding. My first stop was in Denver, well because I landed there, but also to hang out with my aunt and cousin and her husband. My first day, we shopped along Pearl Street and ate yummy Indian food. My cousin and her husband recently bought a new house, which they have likened to the house in the movie Money Pit. The day I was there, we hung around the house waiting for the refrigerator-repair man, who never showed up or called!

I also got to run on the trail I love near my aunt's house, where every so often, I could catch a glimpse, through the trees and houses, of the mountains.

My other cousin lives in New Jersey and my aunt had heard all about the TV show, Jersey Shore. Wouldn't you know, lucky us, my aunt and I were able to catch the season premiere! Absolutely awful. Don't watch it! My aunt says her new grandson, Simon, will not marry a Jersey woman!

My friends' wedding was in Estes Park, CO. One of the pair had grown up in CO and had a family cabin in Estes, which sat up on a mountain and had an incredible view of the town and Rocky Mountain National Park. The rehearsal dinner was at the cabin and brought together friends and family. The wedding, at a beautiful resort in town, drew on the couple's backgrounds--and included Jewish prayers during the ceremony and dancing at the reception. Friends of the pair formed a quartet and played during the ceremony and before dinner. The couple's first dance was the tango. It was a fun, festive wedding.













It was great to get out of the city and breathe the clean mountain air, if only for a few days!

No comments: