Sunday, September 12, 2010

Alioto Garden Plot

Finally, I have a garden plot! It is a tiny, 3'x3' raised bed in the nearby Alioto Park garden. I have been on the waiting list for about 1.5 years! I had tried herbs in the window boxes at my apartment, but they became too wind-whipped, and the boxes dried out too quickly for me to keep up! So I replaced them with succulents.

When the window boxes didn't work out as I had hoped, I got myself on every list for a garden plot I could find and hoped for the best. Plots are hard to come by, and I had heard I might have to wait up to 5 years (for the popular gardens)! In my new plot, I planted tomatoes, peppers, arugula, lettuce, rosemary, and basil.


On my way, the night I planted, I almost got in the middle of 2 girls fighting on the sidewalk! Then, when I was planting, Sidney, a gardener's dog, started fighting with another dog at the park.

A few days later, I decided to finish my run at the garden, so I could water. I fell on my way. Tripped on what? I don't know. Just totally wiped out, right in front of a cafe too, of course. So, I hope all of the "incidents" are out of the way with my garden! Now, I just need nice warm weather for my little plants!

No comments: