Sunday, October 16, 2011

Healdsburg 1/2 Marathon

This morning, I ran the Healdsburg 1/2 Marathon with RQ and her running club. They're a fun, outgoing, talented bunch. And they let me tag along! The race went through Sonoma County, along the beautiful vineyards, past the wineries. Afterward, several wineries set up at the post-race party for wine tasting--we were given complimentary wine glasses, with the race/date inscribed and our medals also double as wine-stops. Though, I have to admit, I was not in the mood to sip or taste wine afterward. I was in the mood to guzzle water and beer (of course, I didn't guzzle the beer!). Luckily both were available to quench my thirst. The weather was a little warmer than I'd prefer, but still too bad. The race went quickly, but hurt a lot. Congrats to RQ, who won her age group and a bottle of wine!

No comments: