Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lovely Guests

"Taste testing" local beer at 21st Amendment
Last weekend my brother and his girlfriend came to visit. It was great to see them! And so much fun to explore. This is my brother's 4th trip (!) out here, since I've moved, but it was his girlfriend's 1st. They did a little sight-seeing on their own--Alcatraz, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Bridge. We spent Saturday wine tasting in gorgeous Sonoma County; it was an absolutely perfect fall day, grapes were ripe and still on some of the vines. Sunday, we explored Baker Beach, and I showed them the beautiful (and outrageously expensive) homes of Sea Cliff. And of course, we ate at one of the local Mission taquerias; unfortunately the traveling Mariachi band never made it by. I had such a great time with them! They're so much fun. I always feel so lucky when people want to take their vacations here. I know it's a "destination" and there is a lot to see (besides me!), but there are so many fun, interesting other places to visit.

Baker Beach

Golden Gate Bridge

Baker Beach

No comments: