Thursday, November 10, 2011

Red Hook, Brooklyn, New York

Last week, I headed to NYC for the Marathon. I stayed in Brooklyn with my good friends JD and CS. JD was my first roommate in San Francisco, and I think of her as almost a sister. She kind of took me in and showed me the ropes when I first came to CA. I remember the cold and rain when I first arrived; and she and I spent many nights drinking hot tea, knitting, listening to NPR, and chatting...I know, we're such wild gals!

Anyway, I flew in on Friday morning, so had a few days to hang out. I wanted to keep off my feet, but I was able to do a bit of sight-seeing. Brooklyn always amazes me--it's so unique, has great architecture, quaint cafes, warehouse-condos, and markets. We went to the Red Hook Farm (right in their neighborhood) to pick up their CSA box. We went to the famous Baked for yummy breakfast.

Here are a few photos of the neighborhood.





Greenpoint







Red Hook Farm

Red Hook Farm


No comments: