Thursday, April 28, 2011

Andrea: 4. Boys: -1

Yesterday I got wrapped up in a conference call for the entire day, which luckily was being hosted on the East Coast, which meant 3 hours of afternoon left for me! I planned the rest of my day so that I could make it by bike to the bridge by 3:30pm when the bike side opens for cyclists. Otherwise, I have to battle the tourists, tourists on bikes, and other cyclists on the east side (I am still a little "sore" from the last tourist I hit!). The wind has been so strong this week. I felt that it was against me for the entire first half of my ride, and I'd hoped at mid-point I'd get a little reprieve. No luck. It was against all the way home too.

On any ride, I am passed by dozens of other cyclists. I always wonder how they got so fast! And maybe I pass a few too. I get a little energized when I can whiz by a guy. However, I've noticed that guys don't take it well when they're passed by girls. Yesterday, on the uphill back to the city, I passed one guy, who'd passed me earlier (Andrea: 1 point). Then crossing over the bridge, I passed another guy. After a bit I looked back and noticed he was drafting off me, the entire way across the bridge! What nerve! He let me pass just so I could block the wind for him. (Andrea: 2 points). And he wasn't wearing a helmet. (Boys: -1 point). Farther along, and almost home, on a little uphill, I passed another guy, who called me a "showoff!" I couldn't believe it, and yelled, "Hey!" (Andrea: 1 point)....Take that, man!

No comments: