Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Resolution

This year's resolution (and last year's...I know, I'm still working on it, OK) is to keep in better contact with friends and family. Usually, I am not one to pick up the phone or send an email unless I have something to say, a question to ask, etc.

So, this is one way...I admit, kind of cheating...to keep in touch. At least for a month. I am going to San Francisco for an internship with Greenpeace. I leave Sat. (1.5.08).

I will be working with the Greenpeace Grassroots campaign while in SF, and not entirely sure what I will be doing. I will keep you updated through my posts. Also, I am looking forward to exploring the city. I have been told it is an amazing city with so many great sights, shops, and restaurants.

There is a reality-travel show on the Travel Channel...the name of it escapes me...where 5 people from around the world together explore a region and several countries. Anyway, I think they receive something like $150 per week from the show. They update their website/blogs with their adventures and people throughout the world write to them and tell them of amazing sights they have to see or people they have to meet. The group actually follows the advice of these people....

So, I am proposing something similar...I cannot do anything illegal, immoral (I guess that is left to the individual!!), too expensive, or dangerous. But please tell me of cool places you have visited, restaurants you have eaten, sights, and adventures....I will try them and update you. Also, remember I will be working during the day, so the majority of my free time will be on the weekends. And I only have 1 month.


Bring it on!!

3 comments:

KrisB said...

Congratulations on your new opportunity AND adventure! One place you must get to is the wine country while you are there. They have day bus tours up there that go to at least 3 wineries, with time for lunch and shopping in Yountville, St. Helena, or Napa. Cost is very reasonable. Also, SF has a great Chinatown and Little Italy, so plenty of great restaurants. It will be fun to read your blog! GOOD LUCK!

libb said...

i am very excited for you. i wish we could come visit.
xoxo

burnbarn said...

Hi Andrea!!!

I guess you leave tomorrow. I thought you were going to be gone already and gone over Christmas. Didn't you send an e-mail that said that. I was bummed to hear you were home over Christmas because I had time to come over! Have fun! And I would definately take up the wine suggestion! I would love to visit wineries and taste! That would be soooo cool! Have fun my dear and I want to hear and see pictures!