Thursday, March 24, 2011

Can I be a baby for 5 minutes?

Ok, thanks. Really 5 minutes is all I need. It's been raining non-stop here, and since I don't have a car, I walk or bike everywhere in the rain. It gets old, and cold, and wet. So, today, I was being crabby because it was raining (and I was stressed because of work), and I couldn't run all of my errands and get to the gym without getting cold & wet.

And really, get over it, Andrea. What do I have to complain about! It's 40 and raining, not 15 and snowing, and not a earthquake and a tsunami!

But still I was being a baby. I dragged myself out the door to the gym. I wore my rain pants, 3 shirts, fleece jacket, and a raincoat, and my rain boots. A little overkill...yeah, maybe. But I wasn't cold, at least. I was late, of course, so I had to pedal as fast as I could to get there. By the time I got to spin class, I was over my crabbiness, and I used every ounce left to power me through the class. This instructor is crazy-hard--the last class I went to of hers, she told us she'd broken up with her boyfriend an hour before, which was a good thing, she said, but if class got a little intense, that was the reason! After class, I jumped in the pool for 45 minutes to get every last bit of crabbiness out of me. It worked! My pool is outdoors on the rooftop of my gym, and by the time I got up there, the rain had stopped. The sky cleared a bit, and I swear I saw blue.

I'm all good now...Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments: