Sunday, March 27, 2011

Headlands trail run

Playing at the beach
Yesterday morning, I headed out for a trail run with RQ and a guy from her running club. We ran some of the trail of last week's 30K race, which has become my favorite run. We didn't quite want to go the entire race route, so we self-navigated, and made our own. There are stairs, gravel, mud, puddles, single track, redwoods, amazing views of Sausalito, the Pacific, Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco. I could have been out all day, well, not really...my body wouldn't allow it....but in theory, if I could, I would have. We parked at Rodeo Beach, a popular surf stop, so after the run we ran in and through the crashing waves. The water was so cold, but felt great and helped wash off the mud from the run.

Cartwheels

No comments: