Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"You made my day"

I was told I made someone's day today...And I didn't do anything spectacular! A guy from one of our work partners, member organizations, and huge proponent of our organization, called requesting stats for a presentation he was giving. I told him I would update his slides with our most recent numbers. He told me I made his day. I kind of laughed and hung up. But, then I got to thinking, it feels really nice to "make someone's day." Not to say, someone else won't also make his day, and who knows, maybe he tells everyone this. But still. As "customer service" is a pretty big part of my work, without it being written into my job description, I work with a lot of people on a daily basis, and it is hard to please everyone. It's nice to hear that I've actually helped someone.

I have to remind myself to tell people when they "make my day." It feels really nice to hear.

No comments: